Saturday 12 February 2011

Riding Self Portraits

I've been a bit quiet on here lately so thought it was about time for a new post...

I bought myself a shutter release cable from flashzebra.com recently to enable me to fire my camera remotely using a Pocketwizard. Because you're firing the camera with PWs it means no cables, so with nothing to get caught up in the spokes, I thought it'd be cool to try some riding self portraits.

_DSC0002





_DSC0005

Attaching the radio trigger to the handlebars in the right position so I could hit the trigger as I needed and still control the bike properly took a few little adjustments to my shifter, but once there felt reasonably comfy.

_DSC0080copy

It just meant I had to ride without covering the front brake lever so when I was riding steeper terrain it could get a bit hairy as I'd have to change my grip on the bars to get to the brake.

_DSC9986

The gear shifter was rotated round a little so I could nestle the trigger in between that and the brake and secured in place with a velcro strap. It'd still move a touch as I rode and pressed the firing button, so I had to support it with my thumb.

_DSC0096copy

_DSC0013copy

I'm not sure I'd want to try jumping the bike like this, but for regular trails and fairly mellow terrain, you can get some pretty good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment